Thursday 24 October 2013

Peacock products

I decided print just wasn't my friend after several slightly rubbish attempts so I stuck to what I'm good at and did a bit of embroidery today and everything worked out fine (apart from it taking so long, I forgot how quick print is and it skewed my time perspective haha)
Anyway, I made a butterfly and a peacock flower. I'm afraid I don't have a proper pic of the peacock flower, just a petal while I was making, cos we were rushed out of Uni so I'll have to show you my peacock leaf instead.
In keeping with the peacock theme of today's post I also printed a peacock feather onto Chamois leather (I'd never heard of it either, apparently you clean your car with it?)
It was the most difficult thing to cut out, it wouldn't cut properly unless I slipped and cut half a feathery bit off but it still looks pretty good. I might have a go using it for some other things too
And, I'm afraid this isn't peacock related, sorry to disappoint, I went a jewellery making course the other night which was very fun and had a bit of a play.
Firstly I had to cut the shapes out, the circle was a bit fiddly, then anneal them by heating them so I could shape them. I made the dome by hitting it with a round nosed hammer to give it the texture then bending it using a dome-making tool. It was a concave sphere that I put the copper into and hit the corresponding convex sphere shape into it to bend it. The rectangle was given the texture by running the copper and sandpaper through a machine that pressed them together - a bit like in kids play areas there are the two rollers that you have to roll through - and the just shaped by hand

#peacock #chamois leather #petal #butterfly #jewellery #copper 

No comments:

Post a Comment