Saturday 7 January 2012

Print part one

Tra laaa... The print samples are dry and ironed (even though some don't look it, I don't think I let the iron heat up enough, I was too excited :) ) and here are some pics of my first attempt at printing!


  
This is an Acid dye (I think it was called Lemon Yellow...?) printed on a silk. It probably wasn't the best idea since you cant really see it on the white so I did some close ups for you of the best bits.


This is a Procion dye (Claret Red, very nice name) on a heavy cotton. This has come out a lot darker which is nice. Note to Self, dont use Yellow on White :)

These are Discharge Prints, you print onto already dyed fabric and the colour gets leaked out - like bleaching. I think the colour turned funny in some places - like my leaf on the black piece - because I didn't wash it out well enough (whops) but I really like the effect it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment