Monday 16 January 2012

First final print!

And, I've done a print for my final collection! How organised am I :)  (I'm just not mentioning that some people have got loads more prints done that I think look better so shhhh) All the fabrics I dyed today came out really pale so I've decided that can be my theme and if we had to name our collections my print one would be 'Dream a Little Dream of Me' cos the colours are all blues/purples and they look all dream-like.


This one turned out so much paler that I thought it would and my camera - awesome though it is - couldn't focus on it cos everything was so pale! So I've just got a few close ups to give you the general impression. I dyed the fabric Bright Blue (but it came out pale purple...?) and printed with discharge, steamed it to fix, then printed with blue procion paste and steamed to fix. And somehow I was at college till 9pm doing this... Not entirely sure how it took about 8 hours but still, I quite like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment