Tuesday 21 February 2012

Bags

As this part of the project is an embellished bag today we made some prototypes! I was rather over excited about mine as they actually worked and it gave me a bit of a break from drawing flowers - there are quite a few in my sketchbook so I'll put one or two of the best ones up here for you to see.

First we made a tote bag, complete with lining and handles...

 Then we made a drawstring bag, complete with ribbon...

These were just to get us used to making bags, ours can be different shapes and sizes but with this same basic style. Think I'm going to do a tote bag but then I get all confused with how much I could do to it, I spent about half an hour thinking about lining it - I could do it in silk with some painted bits on to look like flowers, or just a plain coloured silk, but what if it rips, maybe I should use a cotton... and so on and so forth all night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment