Wednesday 22 February 2012

Bags and Butterflies

That kinda sounds like the sequel to Bedknobs and Broomsticks...

Yesterday was sketchbook work, lots and lots of pages like this:


And today has been quite productive too, I managed to get 3 bag designs designed and coloured this afternoon if you'd like to see:



(front then back)

Then, when I was painting them, I decided that the butterflies needed to be done in silk and they'd be sad if I didn't use silk so I ran to College and back so the butterflies would be happy and spent the rest of the evening making them. I love them, I've been bouncing around so excited about them. Want to see?

They look so much more beautiful in real life, the top 2 are just guttering and silk paints painted normally but the bottom left is orange and yellow dripped onto the silk and the bottom right is yellow paint with table salt sprinkled on.
SO cant wait to start making my bag! Any preferences on my designs or things you'd want me to include? (This doesn't count as cheating, it's market research)

No comments:

Post a Comment