Sunday 30 March 2014

Vines and Butterflies!

Had a busy few weeks and kept forgetting to update!

First of all, Happy Mother's Day! I can finally post the picture of a little something I made for my mother...
Since last time I've been very busy with leaves. I did some more sewing and beading before cutting them all out (regretted sewing so many at this point) and sewing them onto my vines
(I quite liked them at this stage, they were like a little pile of autumnal leaves)
I also had a play with butterflies. I managed to get all 95 sewn so I could play around with some wire and beads
Not too sure about the beads, I think they look a little bulky and I wanted the butterflies to look very light and airy.
What do you think?
 
We also had a talk from the amazing embroiderer Karen Nicol (http://www.karennicol.com/) about her work. She even came to talk to a few of us about our work and I was lucky enough to be given some amazing advice from her.

 
 #KarenNicol #leaves #vines #butterflies #embroidery #Mother'sDay

No comments:

Post a Comment