Tuesday 24 April 2012

Changed my mind, hate it again.

See, I'm just too fickle for this course.

Well, I've spent the last 2 days in the print room being a good girl and printing some samples on fabric and carefully hand painting them so they looked beautiful and I showed my tutor and she told me to steam, wash and iron them so they were fixed and I did and look what happened...
This one isn't too bad - just a few green spots everywhere so I might be able to salvage that but it gets worse...
 The entire background of this one has gone from very white to pink with a hint of purple and blue
I think this one kind of speaks for itsself.

Turns out that if you dont mix the dyes with manutex or indalca they do that when they've been steamed and washed.
If I'm honest I'm glad I found out that it happens now and can do something about it than it happening on my final piece and not knowing what to do. Although, I'd rather it didn't actually do that but if it has to...

No comments:

Post a Comment